Special thanks to Nora Hahn for providing the intro quote for this episode, and be sure to check out her performance in Mama’s Boy at the Stagework Theatre in Houston, TX, running from 9 April to 2 May 2021. Special thanks also to the audio editor for this episode, Andrew Pfannkuche.
- Birle, Ann Lucas; and Lisa A Francavilla, eds. Thomas Jefferson’s Granddaughter in Queen Victoria’s England: The Travel Diary of Ellen Wayles Coolidge, 1838-1839. Charlottesville, VA: University of Virginia Press, 2011.
- Gaines, William H, Jr. Thomas Mann Randolph: Jefferson’s Son-in-Law. Baton Rouge, LA: Louisiana State University Press, 1966.
- Gordon-Reed, Annette. The Hemingses of Monticello: An American Family. New York and London: W W Norton & Co, 2008.
- Kierner, Cynthia A. Martha Jefferson Randolph, Daughter of Monticello: Her Life and Times. Chapel Hill, NC: University of North Carolina Press, 2012.
- Kranish, Michael. Flight from Monticello: Thomas Jefferson at War. Oxford and New York: Oxford University Press, 2010.
- Kukla, Jon. Jefferson’s Women. New York: Vintage Books, 2008 .
- Landry, Jerry. The Presidencies of the United States. 2017-2021. http://presidencies.blubrry.com.
- Malone, Dumas. Jefferson and the Rights of Man: Jefferson and His Time Volume Two. Boston, MA: Little, Brown and Co, 1951.
- Malone, Dumas. Jefferson the Virginian: Jefferson and His Time, Volume One. Boston: Little, Brown and Co, 1948.
- “RANDOLPH, Thomas Mann 1768 – 1828.” Biographical Directory of the United States Congress. https://bioguide.congress.gov/search/bio/R000051. [Last Accessed: 3 Mar 2021]
Featured Image: “Abbaye de Penthemont, rue de Grenelle, Paris” by Eugène Atget [c. 1898], courtesy of Wikipedia