Special thanks to Dan McClellan for providing the intro quote for this episode!
- Bush, Barbara. Barbara Bush: A Memoir. New York and London: Charles Scribner’s Sons, 1994.
- Bush, George. All the Best, George Bush: My Life in Letters and Other Writings. New York: Scribner, 1999.
- Engel, Jeffrey A, ed. The China Diary of George H.W. Bush: The Making of a Global President. Princeton, NJ and Oxford: Princeton University Press, 2008.
- Kristof, Nicholas D, and Sheryl WuDunn. China Wakes: The Struggle for the Soul of a Rising Power. New York: Vintage Books, 1995 .
- Meacham, Jon. Destiny and Power: The American Odyssey of George Herbert Walker Bush. New York: Random House, 2015.
- Nixon, Richard. RN: The Memoirs of Richard Nixon. New York: Grosset & Dunlap, 1978.
- Rumsfeld, Donald. Known and Unknown: A Memoir. New York: Sentinel, 2011.
- Werth, Barry. 31 Days: The Crisis That Gave Us the Government We Have Today. New York and London: Doubleday, 2006.
Featured Image: “President Ford and daughter Susan watch as Secretary of State Henry Kissinger shakes hands with Mao Tse-Tung; Chairman of Chinese Communist Party, during a visit to the Chairman’s residence.” [2 Dec 1975], courtesy of the Gerald R Ford Library and Wikipedia
Intro and Outro Music: “Four Ruffles and Flourishes, Hail to the Chief (long version)” performed by the US Army Band, courtesy of Wikipedia